A driving day. Luckily coincided with a rainy day so making some miles was perfect.
Left our B&B in Belfast early before breakfast to get an early start on a long coastal drive to St. John, New Brunswick. Not much photo work along the way as everything was soggy and too dark to please.
The border crossing was interesting as Charles was singled out for extra attention (see photo below). We received the full Monty immigration check. A half hour of questions and computer checks followed by a mirror inspection under the FJ and a full poke around all our belongings.
We weren't too worried but for our cigar stash and a bottle of Beefeaters....oh and the pharmaceuticals! They finally let us leave..... Reluctantly. Scary!
Arrived St. John around 6pm and checked into our hotel and headed off to dinner at the local pub. Satay and lamb kabobs. Yum.
Fort Point State Park - Maine
Near Acadia National Park
Fort Point
From top of Cadillac Mt. Acadia National Park
Belfast view
How Charles looked to the Customs Agent!









What was that picture of the people exiting the building?
ReplyDeleteOn top of Cadillac Mountain I think you are supposed to recite 'All I could see from where I stood were three long mountains and a wood. I turned and looked the other way and saw three islands in a Bay.' Renascence by Edna St. Vincent Millay.
I wonder why they singled you out???? Your beard? Your car? Your lack of girth?